If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (215) 785-1777

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Signs That You May Have A Mold Problem

5/23/2017 (Permalink)

Signs That You May Have A Mold Problem

If you are a homeowner, you know the importance of regular inspections for signs of things that could damage your home and require repair. While many people focus on things they can see easily, they fail to look for trouble in less obvious places such as the basement, crawl space and attic. Mold growth is common in these areas and if left untouched, can wreak havoc on the structure of the home and cause health problems in those exposed daily. Mold in home is a type of fungus, that must be removed through mitigation and remediation. Business owners must also watch for commercial mold damage that can lead to huge issues if not removed. Below are some signs that you may have this fungus inside your home, and how to avoid mold damage through mold removal on the professional level.

There Is A Smelly Odor

One of the most common signs of mold in home is a smelly odor in a certain area of the house. This odor does not typically occur with mildew growth and it can smell foul or simply earthy. In many instances, this distinctive smelly odor is the first clue that mold is present. Mold remediation also includes deodorization to eliminate this smell after mitigation and remediation so you can breathe clean, fresh air again.

It Is Visible

Mold is a fungus that is often visible to the eye. Mildew and mold can have a similar appearance, but mold is often faster growing and damages the surface it is growing on, where mildew does not. Some of the most common places for mold damage are underneath carpet, behind wallpaper, in damp basements, crawl spaces, bathrooms and attics. Commercial mold damage can often be found in kitchens, bathrooms and near unrepaired water leaks. Mold and mildew may be present with or without a distinctive smelly odor, but can still cause mold damage if mold removal is not done within a timely manner.

There Is A Constant Source Of Moisture

Mold damage is most common in areas where there is a constant source of moisture present. Leaky pipes, damaged shingles and appliance leaks can all provide enough moisture for the fungus causing mold and mildew to thrive. Even excess condensation can cause mold in home and commercial mold damage if left untreated long enough. If water leaks or condensation is present, it is best to seek advice from a mold mitigation and remediation specialist before the fungus grows out of control. This is the best way to keep mold in home damage and commercial mold damage to a minimum. Eliminating things that cause mold to grow before structural damage occurs can make the mold removal process less costly and time consuming. Detecting mold before a smell odor appears eliminates the need for deodorization as well.

Mold mitigation and remediation specialists are trained to spot mold and perform mold removal as quickly and easily as possible. This includes an inspection to learn where mold is thriving and a written estimate on how much the removal, repair and deodorization process will cost the home or business owner. Having an action plan in place is the best way to treat a mold problem before it spreads to other areas in close proximity or causes adverse health effects in those inhaling mold spores daily.

The sight of mold growth is unsettling for any home or business owner, but there is help available. Mold removal and restoration specialists are trained in the removal and deodorization of homes and businesses that have fungal growth both large and small. Regular inspections can also be helpful in reducing the cost of repairs, due to early detection before mold spreads.
Visit http://SERVPROlevittown.com for more information on mold removal and remediation.

Other News

View Recent Posts