If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (215) 785-1777

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Tips on Staying Safe with Mold Damage

8/16/2016 (Permalink)

SERVPRO Tip: Call Us to Remediate Mold Damage in Your Croydon Home

Mold Remediation Should Be Left to the Professionals from SERVPRO

Mold damage in homes is never and can never be a good thing. Mold, while in most cases harmless to humans, has the potential to cause health effects for some individuals. Keeping safe after you've discovered mold in your home is important, so follow these steps to make sure you sustain no harm until SERVPRO can arrive to clean it up.

Turn off Fans and HVAC
Patches of mold damage in Croydon homes will typically be regularly releasing airborne spores, microscopic organisms that operate similar to seeds, laying dormant until they find a suitable surface to grow on. These are naturally occurring in the air around the world, but in high quantities, can cause health effects and mold patches to grow in other parts of the home. Turn off all fans and HVAC systems in the area affected by mold, to help prevent the circulation of mold spores.
Never Dry It Yourself
SERVPRO carries out an extensive and thorough drying process in any mold remediation and uses industrial machines to do it. You should never attempt to dry out mold yourself, through fans, hair dryers, or any other means, as this can lead to a variety of potentially dangerous situations. Upon finding a mold colony, simply leave it be and call us to respond as quickly as possible.
Do Not Clean Mold
Some homeowners will try to scrub off mold damage on their own or sanitize with household cleaning products. This is never recommended, as not only can you put yourself at risk, but you may simply make a bigger mess and more difficult job for our technicians. Our crews are well trained in this part of any mold remediation job, and you should allow us or our contractors to handle this work.
SERVPRO of Levittown has the equipment and personnel to respond fast to any mold damage you may encounter in your home. Within hours of your call, our technicians will be on-site ready to begin work on your mold damage. Just call us 24/7 at (215) 785-1777.

Other News

View Recent Posts