Fire Damage in a Newtown Commercial Property
Fire damage restoration specialists know, commercial fires in Newtown, Yardley, or New Hope can have debilitating and even deadly consequences. According to the National Fire Protection Association, office property fires resulted in more than 3,000 calls to the fire department within the last five years. Additionally, these commercial fires generated more than $4 billion worth of property damage. Although the reality of fires and the damage they cause can seem overwhelming, learning more about the causes of commercial fires as well as how to effectively deal with them can ease your fears and preserve your property. To accomplish these objectives, refer to the following quick reference outline on commercial fire damage.
Commercial Fire Damage
What Can Cause Commercial Fires?
There are a wide range of factors that can lead to commercial fires. Some of the more prevalent causes include:
- Lighting equipment
- Electrical equipment, and overloading of circuits
- Cooking equipment, and excessive grease buildup
- Improper storage of flammable products and paper goods
When fires burn, they can cause substantive, obvious fire damage. However, it's important to know that some of the structural damages caused by fires is not readily visible. For example, smoke and fire that spread throughout your property can release toxic gasses, air-borne particulates, and chemicals while also consuming building materials.
Types of Commercial Fire Damage
There are several types of commercial fire damage that can impact your office and property. Some of them include:
- Office assets (such as furniture and electrical equipment) and paper documents
- Burnt structures (cabinets, framing, flooring, and drywall)
- Smoke (either dry or wet)
- Soot (especially when it results from furnace puff back)
- Water damage, result of fire suppression system or fire extinguishing service of the local FD
- Mold damage resulting from standing water
- Odors from toxic chemicals and smoke requiring efforts to restore good air quality
How SERVPRO Can Assist You
As a team of professional fire damage specialists with extensive experience and a sense of urgency for getting results, our certified technicians can provide you with the fire damage remediation services necessary to restore your commercial property. Some of the services we offer include:
- Protecting all regions unaffected by the commercial fire
- Securing the commercial setting, boarding up or tarping
- Taking a detailed inventory of your damaged materials, CCIS
- Conducting an assessment to determine the depth and scope of damages
- Determining the best restoration methodologies
- Working with your insurance adjuster
- Detecting and removing toxic chemicals and gasses
- Restoring your commercial property to its pre-fire condition
As a team of IICRC-certified technicians who are persistent in offering optimal fire damage restoration services, the professionals of SERVPRO are available 24/7/365. We value your need to reopen your doors to your business, office or building in Newtown or Yardley.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Levittown can respond immediately to your commercial fire damage emergency regardless of the size or scope of the damage. We are part of a national network of over 1,650 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams. Call us for a quick response. (215) 785-1777