Candles, Your Home and Fire Safety
Candles are an often featured part of home decor. In fact many Fairless Hills, PA, homeowners find them relaxing. However, many candles started fires occur each year. If you’re looking to protect your home from a candle fire, here are a few things you may wish to know.
Common Candle Types
There are a variety of candle out there that many people enjoy using. They include
- Decorative pillar candles
- Scented candles
- Table set candles
- Tea lights
- Candles set up for a romantic event
- Candles used to deodorize the bathroom
- Christmas candle decorations, such as an advent wreath
Candle Safety Tips
Avoiding a candle fire in the home is often a matter of following proper candle safety. Some recommended tips include
- Never leave a lit candle unattended
- Put all candles out before you go to bed
- Use appropriate holders for your candles such as glass, metal, or stoneware
- Only use candles in areas clear of other materials
- Ensure that any matches or lighters used are properly extinguished
- Keep pets and children away from lit candles
• Do not light candles if you are tired, or inhibited in a way that may make you drowsy or forgetful.
What To Do if a Fire Occurs
In the event of a fire it’s important to put it out as quickly as possible. If you don’t have a fire extinguisher, or if it is not enough, call the fire department immediately and evacuate the home. Afterward, a fire damage restoration service can be called to conduct repairs, take care of smoke cleanup, and restore any damage that may have been caused.
A candle fire can start from various types of candles which is why it’s important to observe proper candle safety. If you do find your candle has started a fire it’s important to get it out right away, either with a fire extinguisher or by calling the fire department. Afterward, a fire restoration service can help you get your home back in order.